Digital Discovery Personal Data Protection Policy
Please read the following provisions to understand how Digital Discovery uses the Personal Data collected. By providing your Personal Data to us, you are consenting to this Policy and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data as described in this Policy.
1. Designated Officer: There will be a designated Personal Data Protection Officer. The first so designated is the CEO of Digital Discovery.
2. Collection of Personal Data: Digital Discovery may request some or all of the following information from persons using this website:
* Your personal information such as your name and email address
3. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure: We may use the Personal Data you provide for one or more of the following purposes:
(a) To provide access to our websites and our pages on Social Media websites
(b) For sending our newsletter by email to your email address
(c) For your use of the online products and/or services available at our websites
(d) For sending notices of meetings, events and gatherings
(e) To contact you regarding your enquiries.
(f) To disclose to any third party in order to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directions or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction, which may be within or outside of Singapore, as being in force from time to time
(g) To improve our security, including, in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud, carrying out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties)
(h) Uses reasonably related to the above and as stated in this Policy.
Third Parties and Data Intermediaries
4. Servers: Digital Discovery’s websites are hosted on third party servers. When you access our websites, data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Web site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed) may be collected by the servers hosting our websites. This data may be used to monitor the attractiveness of our Web sites and improve their performance or content.
5. Cookies: When you view one of our websites, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a “cookie” to automatically recognize your PC next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example to store your password to save you from having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
6. Email: The Digital Discovery email service is powered by Google Mail. Members who use this service should be aware that the terms and conditions and the privacy practices of this service are governed by Google.
7. Paypal: We use Paypal as one of our payment options. Any person(s) who use this mode of payment should note that the use of this service is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy practice of Paypal.
8. Other Websites: Our website may contain links to other sites that are operated by third party companies with different privacy practices. You should remain alert when you leave our site and read the privacy statements of other websites. We have no control over data that you submit to or receive from these third parties.
9. Administration: Digital Discovery’s administrative work is carried out by Dear Sir, an outsourced service provider. This service provider is contractually obligated to comply with this Policy and not divulge information to any third party other than for purposes set out in Clause 3 above.
10. Newsletter: Our newsletter is printed and posted by a third party. The following information is provided to the printers for purposes of posting – Your name, address (postal/email), membership number and membership expiry date. Our printers have given us an undertaking that they will not divulge this information to any third party other than for purposes set out in Clause 3 and in this Policy.
11. Other Third Parties: In addition to the above, Digital Discovery may provide or disclose information to other third parties for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 and in this Policy (who may also process, transfer and disclose data for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 and in this Policy). Digital Discovery will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that such third party providers will keep Personal Data confidential in accordance with the applicable laws.
12. No Other Disclosure: Other than for the uses mentioned above, Digital Discovery does not otherwise divulge your Personal Data to any individual or organisation for any purpose.
13. No Marketing: Phone Calls and SMS –
(a) Digital Discovery does not make cold calls or marketing calls of any nature.
14. Retention of Personal Data: Your Personal Data may be held in perpetuity or till the dissolution of Digital Discovery occurs, in which case, the data will be disposed of taking into account any input by/from the Registry of Societies and in accordance with the provisions of the law in force on the date of dissolution. Your Personal Data is retained to the extent one or more of the purposes/situations it was collected remains valid and for other legal or incidental purpose for which retention may be necessary. You may request your Personal Data to be removed from our register on the expiry or transfer of your membership.
15. Access to and Correction of Personal Data: You may request/be allowed access to and correct your Personal Data held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data, or if you believe that the Personal Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is incorrect, or if you believe that the Personal Data held by us was used beyond the scope of the purpose of use set out above or was acquired by fraudulent or unlawful means or provided to a third party without your prior consent, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Variations to this Policy: Any changes in the Policy will be communicated to all current members by email or such other reasonable means of communication and a copy of the changes will be posted on our website. If at any point we decide to use the Personal Data you submitted under this current policy in a way that differs materially from the applicable Policy at the time of that submission of Personal Data, you will be notified and given the opportunity via the website, email or in writing to opt out or otherwise prevent such usage.