A 2011 study by Brainscape estimated that the average human can save 2 per minute by using shortcut keys. This translates to a 3.3% in improvement in productivity and ~ 8 days a year. That is not a trivial number. Assuming an average career span of 30 years, one would save an entire year of work by using shortcut keys.
Here are some ways you can improve your productivity:
- Use keyboard shortcuts (The Shortcut to Mastering Keyboard Shortcuts – Digital Discovery)
- Install Auto Text expander Chrome Extension
- Use keyboard text replacement (on mobile) – e.g. for Instagram hashtags
- Listen to audiobooks / videos at 2X speed
- Listen to audiobooks while exercising