Reposted from Mothership.sg
1. With a-MAH-zing coffee at every corner, be spoiled for your daily caffeine fix.
Not to mention the many cool hip cafes you get to hang out at.
2. All the old school bird cage charm with none of the noise.
3. White-washed walls? Nah. Wall art FTW.
We’ve goat no reason to kid you.
4. Charming coconut trees for that beach holiday feel.
5. Delicious and Instagram worthy food which is also light on the wallet.
6. Pretty and exotic pastries with 150 years of heritage right at your doorstep.
Never mind if cannot pronounce kouign – just point.
7. The only place in Singapore where you use planes and ships to describe the homes.
These pre-war Aeroplane blocks and pre-HDB porthole buildings gives the place so much character.
8. Vinyl – hundreds of this comeback kid of the record world curated just for you.
In case you think this only appeals to baby boomers, vinyl is actually enjoying a revival thanks to growing interest from the millennials.
9. A quaint little bookshop to pick up the best local reads – no 10-year series please – to go with that afternoon cuppa.
10. No need to jostle with the gym crowd – plenty of space to de-stress here.
11. Discover interesting nooks and crannies during your walks.
12. A suburban mall means shopping convenience without having to head downtown.
13. Move over dragon playground, Tiong Bahru’s locomotive invokes the Wild Wild West.
14. Take the nearby MRT train, one of the many buses or hop onto your bicycle – it’s easy to go places.