Most digital marketing strategies are heartbreakingly bad. Here are 11 common mistakes in digital marketing and web analytics. By the brilliant Avinash Kaushik
1. Not spending 15% of your Marketing budget, every month, on experimenting with new techniques / channels / ideas.
2. Not having a fast, functional, incredible mobile-friendly website.
3. Gratuitous use of Flash.
4. Writing campaigns your website can’t cash.
5. Not having a vibrant, engaging, non-pimpy blog.
6. “Shouting” on Twitter / Facebook.
7. Your SEO strategy is buying links, expired domains, et. al.
8. Not following the “10/90 rule for magnificent web success.”
9. Doing anything on the web without a Web Analytics Measurement Model.
10. Making lame metrics the measures of success: Impressions, Click-throughs, Page Views.
11. Not centering your entire digital existence on Economic Value.